Situated on the A23 corridor that connects London with the south coast, Croydon is less than ten miles from the M25, London’s orbital motorway, providing links with all of the south east’s major motorways including the M26, M23, M3 and M4.
Parking in Croydon town centre is plentiful with over 6,900 spaces available in surface and multi-storey car parks, operated both privately and by Croydon Council.
Please note: on-street parking restrictions and controlled parking zones operate throughout the year.
Town Centre car parks include:
- Ann's Place Surface Car Park, Tamworth Place, CR0 1RL (62 bays)
- Centrale Shopping Centre Multi-storey Car Park, 21 North End, CR0 1XT (950 bays)
- East Croydon Short Stay Surface Car Park, Cherry Orchard Road, CR0 6BT (8 bays)
- Jubilee Bridge Surface Car Park, Lower Church Street, CR0 1XF (80 bays)
- NCP Croydon Central Multi-storey Car Park, Wellesley Road, CR0 2AA (583 bays)
- NCP Dingwall Road Multi-storey Car Park, Dingwall Road, CR0 0XH (664 bays)
- NCP Fairfield Halls Multi-storey Car Park, Barclay Road, CR0 1JN (960 bays)
- NCP Croydon Wandle Multi-storey Car Park, Wandle Road, CR0 1DX (1,021 bays)
- NCP Croydon Whitgift Multi-storey Car Park, Wellesley Road, CR0 1UP (1,059 bays)
- Q-Park Surrey Street Multi-storey Car Park, Charles Street, CR0 1TR (685 bays)
- Spice’s Yard Surface Car Park, South End, CR9 1LT (134 bays)
- Wandle Road Surface Car Park, Wandle Road, CR0 1TQ (255 bays)
- West Croydon Surface Car Park, London Road, CR0 2TA (56 bays)
- Whitgift Centre Surface Car Park, Wellesley Road, CR0 1LP (400 bays)
One of the best-connected shopping and commercial centres in the UK, Croydon town centre is just 15 minutes away from central London and Gatwick International Airport by train.
Its two main stations - East Croydon and West Croydon - have fast and frequent services into central London as well as connecting extensively with destinations throughout Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire in the south, St Pancras International, Bedford, St. Albans and Luton Airport in the north.
West Croydon station is a transport interchange for National Rail, Tramlink and London Buses. Via the East London Line, it also links with London’s Underground network, connecting Croydon with Surrey Quays, Shoreditch and Stratford International and the 2012 Olympic Park.
There are 18 bus routes and five night buses providing frequent services between Croydon town centre and all parts of the borough as well as connecting it to central London, other parts of Greater London, Kent, Surrey and London Heathrow Airport.
Croydon boasts the only tram network in London which carries over 31 million passengers each year, connecting Croydon and surrounding areas.
The service operates along four routes that run through Croydon linking it with Beckenham Junction, Elmers End and New Addington to the east and Wimbledon in the west where there is also an interchange for the London Underground.
For further information, visit the Tramlink Shop at Suffolk House, 5 George St, East Croydon, Croydon Tel: 020 8681 8300
Croydon is well served by black cabs operating in the town centre. Taxi ranks are located outside both East and West Croydon train stations, on the High Street adjacent to both the Post Office and to St George’s Walk, as well as at Poplar Walk.
The following licensed minicabs firms also operate within a ten minutes’ walk of the town centre:
- Circuit Cars, 12 South End, CR0 1DL, 020 8680 4321
- Roadrunners Mini Cabs, 174 North End, CR0 1UF, 020 8680 3333
- Royal Cars Croydon, 210 High Street, CR0 1NE, 020 8688 5757
- Kendall Cars, 20 Station Road, CR0 2RB, 020 8681 3535
Please be aware: By law, black cabs are the only vehicles that can be hailed on the street. Licensed minicabs must be booked in advance.