Centrale & Whitgift to fully reopen on 2 December
Following the Government announcement this week, Centrale & Whitgift has confirmed that it will fully reopen on 2 December, and what’s more, to help you fit everything in the centre will be extending its opening hours throughout December. 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday until 23rd December.
Not all stores will have the same opening hours so customers are advised to check Centrale & Whitgift’s website if they want to know the opening hours of a specific brand.
Safety remains Centrale & Whitgift’s number one priority, and the measures it introduced earlier in the year remain in place. These include:
• One-way system to help customers safely navigate the centre
• Face coverings are mandatory throughout the centre, unless you are exempt
• Clear signage throughout the destination reminding consumers of the need to follow social distancing guidance, and to avoid shopping in large groups
• Enhanced cleaning processes, with a clear focus on key customer touch points
• Fixed hand sanitiser stations throughout the destination
• Customers are encouraged to use contactless payment with retailers for transactions
Centrale & Whitgift will also continue to monitor footfall, to make sure everyone can social distance easily. That might mean that customers have to queue outside individual stores during busy times, and as many of us are a bit behind on our Christmas shopping this year, customers are advised to try to visit outside peak times when they can. At Centrale & Whitgift, the best times to visit are usually before 12pm or after 5pm.
Customers can also use Centrale & Whitgift’s Crowd Checker feature on its website to plan their visit. Crowd Checker provides shoppers with live updates on how popular the centre is in real time, to help them beat the crowds.
Jo Bailey, General Manager at Centrale, said: “We all know that Christmas this year is going to be different, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be special. If we all follow the safety guidance and act responsibly, we can still make this Christmas one to remember. Here at Centrale and at the Whitgift, we’re working hard to get everything ready, and we can’t wait to welcome you back. If ever there was a Christmas to reach out to friends and family, this is it, and we’ve got everything you need, from gifts and decorations to those essential festive treats.”